When the debris is difficult to eradicate, you may need to seek the assistance of a expert carpet cleaner specifically if you have wall to wall carpeting which takes hours to complete on your own. However, if you have made a decision to do the cleaning on your own, we're glad to offer you seven practical tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your rug washing supplies in a single container and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Study carefully the directions on the rug cleaning products first before utilizing them. Always follow package directions to ensure safety.
3. Take out almost all of the furnishings and anything that blocks the carpet surface. Let family members leave the area as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of particles that is trapped on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. Should you use liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the area. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Rug stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Boothwyn, PA especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the carpet you bought. Remember that professional rug cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of carpet. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Boothwyn, PA. Call them now and let them help you.