Rug cleaning is a great household chore. It is really not simply vacuuming and getting rid of soil that may be trapped in the rug fiber. When the dirt and grime is hard to remove, you may need to seek the assistance of a certified carpet cleaner particularly if you have wall to wall carpeting which takes hours to complete on your own. However, for those who have made a decision to perform the cleaning yourself, we are glad to offer you seven practical tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your rug washing supplies in a single bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read thoroughly the directions on the rug cleaning products first before utilizing them. Always follow package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Remove almost all of the home furniture and anything that blocks the carpet surface. Let family members leave the area when you clean the rug.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of dirt that's stuck on the rug fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you are using liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are typical so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt and grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Boothwyn, PA especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Boothwyn, PA. Call them now and let them help you.